Friday, March 12, 2010

I've got the blues

I know it's been quite awhile since I last posted anything.  I've had a bit of the blahs the past few months and don't seem to be very creative nor chatty so I have sort of avoided a lot of things.  My down time has been compounded with the death of a close family friend, John's mother going into the hospital with infections due to her M.S. and then another extended family member trying to commit suicide.  Things are much better now but I still haven't shaken the depressed part of everything. 

The past week I read the Twiligh Saga.  I had never been interested in it at all.  I watched the movie awhile back and liked it, but still didn't think I liked it enough to read the books.  Then my sister started reading them and told me that I really should so I borrowed hers after she'd finished and have changed my tune.  It was pure escapism for me.  I really got into the romance of the books and couldn't put them down.  I read all four (4) books within the past couple of weeks and then the night before last read the partial draft to Midnight Sun.  I do wish the person who'd taken the draft from author Stephenie Meyer hadn't taken it upon themselves to post it on the internet forcing her into posting her own version so that it was more correct and taking away her drive to finish it anytime soon.  It's so sad when people do things like that.  I've never understood people that enjoy ruining things for others, be it something simple to down and out viciousness.  Stephenie Meyer was very generous in saying that the person that had taken her project and published it online did not mean any harm, but surely they must have realized the harm they were creating by doing it without permission.  It's just common sense.

I cannot believe how quickly this year is slipping by.  Next week will be St. Patricks Day for pete's sake.  Didn't we just have Christmas? 

Anyway, I hope that everyone is well and happy. 
Peace to all!

2 comments:

  1. Yes Kay we did just have christmas! :) You know, I have been feeling a bit down too. Various things, you know how it is, everything just starts to feel rather too pressing, and before you know it, I don't want to ring people, or even really see them, and (this is bad!) don't really want to go anywhere. Home on my own seems rather appealing when I feel this way! Like you, it has been a series of events, involving people mainly. You can't really describe it, but You just need to hide. I am glad to see you back on here though, I keep checking to see if you have posted. I hope you feel like popping your head back up soon! If you ever need to just talk to someone who really will understand and just listen, email me! Big hugs Kay. suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hunbun! As you know I've been going through same as you and Suze - that horrible lethargy where you don't want to go anywhere, see anyone or even do anything! Now that our weather is getting a bit better I'm not too bad - I really get affected by winter - positively hate it, because I know I'm going to be on a downer - wish I could hibernate like a little squirrel! I bought Cara the Twilight books for Christmas 2 years ago (before the first movie came out) and she got hooked! I was so pleased, as I'm such a bookworm myself, and according to my Grandma (God rest her soul!) you're never lonely when you've got a book to read! We're looking forward to Eclipse in June - Cara will have left school by then so we're going to go to Romford and make a day of it! She's well into all these types of books now - so if you'd like any recommendations, I'm sure she'll be more than happy to share her favourites with you.
    I go for my osteoporosis appointment on June 10th, so will let you know how I get on with that. John (my 12 year old) and I are going to Leggoland on the 9th June with his special needs group - the whole trip is paid for by the Brentwood Rotary Club - so, so good of them - they do this every year for the children and their families that go to SNAP (Special Needs And Parents)and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be able to go, as I can't drive, and Dave's legs and back would not cope with all the walking around once we get there!
    Hope you're feeling better,
    Lotsa luv, Ro. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete