Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm Baaack! I think....

There is only a couple of weeks until Valentine's Day.  How did that happen?  I swear every year seems to go faster and I get less accomplished.   I spent so much time in medical offices throughout December and January just to find out I'm normally abnormal.   Luckily it's over with for the most part and I can get back to my life of procrastination.  

I hope everyone is kicking off the New Year healthy and happy.  I have a few friends and family members that are going through major health and/or personal struggles and I pray that they will be resolved along with anyone else out there who is going through a difficult time.  The New Year is suppose to be a time of fresh starts but it's been a hard road for many with the economy being the way it has been.  I hope that this year will show us improvements that will make our lives better as time progresses. 

I  manage to do a little creating over the past few months.  Most recently I have been crocheting these little hearts pictured below.  I think they are so darling.  I tied 3 together with a bow using pieces of yarn then adding tiny roses at the edges.

Crochet hearts swag sewn together and embellished with small roses.

Most of my creations have been variations of ATC's.  I wanted to see how the look of corrugated cardboard as a base for my ATC's would be so I did a few like these below.



My cousin Kathy sent me some small stones and beach glass from her back yard (The Pacific Ocean) and I put some together on a very small canvas with easel.  I used rub off letters on the sea glass to spell out the word LOVE.   
A little shrine to my parents using a picture of  when they first got together.
This is a canvas I painted then added the skull and words to.

Another thing I've discovered over the past few months is Pinterest.  It's a site where you can keep all your "finds" into a filing system.  I've discovered a number of new yummy recipes on it.  One was a delicious Loaded Baked Potato Soup.  The actual recipe can be found at Mama Loves Food! 
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
I just love Pinterest and all the fun things you can find there (Recipes, Tips, Music, Funnies, Quotes, and so on).  The Pinterest fun doesn't just stop there.  There is also a "Pin It" button you can download to your browser so that whenever you go to a site and see something you want to save for further use it will add it to your filing system along with the link embedded into the picture so that you can find your way back to the original site.  It's great!  

Thank you for visiting.  Peace to all!




1 comment:

  1. I love pinterest too. :) I love the crocheted hearts, they are really so beautiful!! And I love your ATC's too. You do such amazing work!! Your shrine is beautiful!! great job Kay!

    ReplyDelete